« Good night, sweet dreams, pretty Sophie, golden light, darling sweetheart, papoum papoum… » These are the words that my mother whispered into my ear every night. I wanted her to repeat them over and over; especially to hear that special papoumpapoum.
During the winter of 2006, when I was a stay-at-home mom, I made a rag doll for my daughter and it was love at first sight! Every free moment then became time for creating. The idea of doll-making becoming my business soon came to me, and a few months later Papoum, papoum… was born.
Papoum, papoum… is the sound of a little heart beating, it’s what we feel for a new-born, and it’s also a sound that can trigger a small child’s laughter, the kind that fills the world with sunshine. It has also become the love that I invest into each of my dolls.
WHO are papoums?
- They come from an age-old tradition : dolls and safety blankets have existed for thousands of years!
- They stimulate imagination. They are simple creations that leave room for play and learning.
- They are safe and durable : each Papoum is made by hand with care and love.
- They are environmentally friendly, natural and made in Quebec with care.
- Each one makes us want to smile and hug it, but each is unique, with a hand-embroidered face.
- They are gentle but brave : faithful friends who love hugs, taking trips and sleepy time.
- They won’t whine or complain when nibbled on.
WHO is Sophie?
- She studied music, herbal therapy and activity leadership, and took part in creating two artisan bakeries.
- She is a mom who loves being a mom.
- She likes to create, to laugh, to invent stories, to cuddle and to PLAY.
- She loves her planet and its human beings.